30 May 2012

Ideas for Schools - We Are Writers! - Scholastic publishers

Jack Trelawny's Story House - Ideas for schools - We Are Writers! - book produced for school by Scholastic publishers

A book of creative writing by the children of  St Michaels First School 
I visited St Michael's CE VC First School in Stone, Staffordshire, to give a talk about creative writing and my Kernowland in Erthwurld stories. It was the second time I'd been to the school. After the talk, the Headteacher, Mrs R M Gale, very kindly gave me a book, We Are Writers, which contained over 400 pages of creative writing by the children.
The book had been produced for the school by the mainstream publisher, Scholastic Ltd. Every year, Scholasitc Book Clubs and Book Fairs get 5 million books into the hands of children across the UK.

The following contribution to the book was written by Hannah Turner, a Year 1 pupil. I like it because Hannah tells us that she uses all her senses to feel the atmosphere of her favourite place...

My Favourite Place
Hannah Turner    Year 1

At my favourite place I can:
Smell things cooking.
Taste biscuits.
Touch the water in the swimming pool and the sand at the beach.
Hear the sea whooshing.
See the parking field.
My favourite place is the caravan park.

The school dragon is on the front of the book and on the uniform badge. His name is Sparkle. The school cat is called Jelly.

If you would like to produce a book with Scholastic for your school, you could start with the following link...

------------------------------------

See you next time in the Story House.

Happy writing... and reading!

Jack
Links...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment