1 Mar 2012

Ideas for kids - Quotes - Benjamin Franklin

Jack Trelawny's Story House - Ideas for kids - Quotes - Benjamin Franklin
Benjamin Franklin

A quote from Benjamin Franklin...

'Tell me and I forget. 
Teach me and I remember.
Involve me and I learn.'

I look up lots of 'quotes' to give me ideas for stories. Since the person who said the words in the first place is often someone important or clever, I try to find out about their lives to give me even more ideas for characters (who), settings (where and when), and plot (what happens). 

Click on the the link below to find out more about Benjamin Franklin
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/franklin_benjamin.shtml

Older children could find out even more by using the next link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Franklin

The information on these two sites might help me if I was making a character who was a leader or an inventor.


Good luck searching for quotes and finding out about the people who said them.



See you next time in the Story House.

Happy writing... and reading!

Jack
Links...