6 May 2009

Wooden Hill Primary School RG12 8DB

'Having it just before the Y6 tests worked well'
I gave a talk and slideshow to the children in KS2 about creative writing and read some of my Kernowland in Erthwurld story. Year 6 were just about to do their SATS exams.
Literacy Coordinator, Lara Jane Fuller, kindly wrote to Campion Books with a review of the visit. This helps other schools to know what happens so they can decide if they would like a FREE Jack Trelawny author visit to their school...


Dear Jane,
Thank you for this visit.  We really enjoyed it.  Having it just before the Y6 tests worked well as well.  We were very impressed with Jack and his presentation.  I know that the children gained a great deal from it.  They were all delighted to actually meet & speak to an author.  Everywhere I look around the school, there seems to be someone reading the books.  I know at least 3 of the classes are reading The Crystal Pool as their class reader. Please keep me informed of any other upcoming events and author visits.
Kind Regards, Lara-Jane Fuller.

------------------------------------

See you next time in the Story House.

Happy writing... and reading!

Jack
Links...